Sunday, August 19, 2007

Last Day of Summer...


It's bittersweet... I love being down here and I'm so happy to finally have roommates. I love them so much and we are going to have way too much fun living together. I can't even begin to express how happy I was every day this week driving by the dorms and watching everyone scramble to move into the dorms. I've already seen Kathryn and Ally a couple of times but it will be weird not seeing them all the time every day. Monday night I met Kathryn and Sarah over at Atkin and joined them for the honors meet and greet night or something like that. Basically we all walked over to Avanti's and we ate some yummy food and I met a few of the new girls on their floor. Tuesday night Ashley and I cooked up some delicious stirfry for Kathryn, her younger brother Jacob who is now a freshman down here, Ally, and Sarah. It was a nice little reunion dinner! Wednesday night Debbie, Ashley, and I improvised a pasta dish with tomatoes and parmesan cheese and some herbs...we're so good... :) Thursday Andy and Brandon came down so we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for 50 cent boneless wing night. SO GOOD!! Friday night Ashley was making tacos for us so we decided to go over and invite the new neighbors who had moved in earlier that day. We didn't think they would really come but about 20 minutes later all 4 of them showed up at the door! They're all pretty cool, 2 are on the golf team, 1 will be on the hockey team, and the other goes to Hartland. We already seem to be pretty good friends with them and they invited us over for chili cheese dogs last night. I went to Dr. Carlson's for a little bit for what was supposed to be a thank-you-for-summer-mads-dinner but me, molly, jonathon and his wife were the only ones who came. Oh yeah, and NIALL!!! So that was fun and Carlson made some delicious salmon and rice and zucchini pie...yum! Then Debbie, Ashley, and I stayed in and had a Sex and the City marathon until the neighbors came home and we hung out with them for a little bit before we went to bed. So I guess it's been a pretty good week. On top of all that I worked like..53 hours?! I can't wait till I get paid on Friday!! Should be a really good one....


It still hasn't really hit me that classes start tomorrow. Is this really the last day of summer? I'm not ready for it all to be starting again!!! And I have six classes tomorrow, starting at 8am! ugh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is my first day of school! It's like I have a real job now or something....and it's real scary!!!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE! (please)