Wednesday, August 8, 2007

For My Sister


Sorry, Sister for not having written anything in a while. I have been very busy working full time and singing at Shakes Fest several nights a week. I didn't realize you enjoyed reading this thingy so much! :) So even though I worked from 7:30am-6pm today and then sang and its now 11pm and i have to work at 8am...I'll stay up just to write a little somethin-something for you! Because I like you that much. So let's see...Saturday after work I went to Peoria to visit Justin which was fun. I hate that I don't get to see him very often!! Mom, Dad, and Jessie came down last night to hear me sing at Shakes Fest and check out the new apartment. Of course, we had to go to Avanti's for supper. I love when they come down because it's pretty much the only time I ever eat there! This is the first summer I've been away from my family and it's kind of hard and definately weird. I don't like not being able to see them very much either!!! I finally got my computer reformatted and after hours and hours, now it all works just great. First Site installed broadband yesterday so I had to buy a wireless router tonight which sucked because it was kind of expensive, but it will be ok because the roommates will chip in and this internet is so incredibly fast!! It's awesome, even though it also took me a couple hours to figure out. But hey, I did it all on my own, so maybe I'm not quite as dumb as I look... And I'm glad I finally have something to do to keep me occupied while I'm sitting all alone in my apartment!! I get 2 checks on Friday which is awesome and I'm going to go buy myself a TV!! I need one of those.. Ashley is moving her stuff down on Saturday and then coming back for good either Monday or Tuseday. Debbie will be here sometime next week. She came down today for an interview so we went to lunch and then she came in the office and I did her orientation and gave her her keys. Rachel will be down next Saturday, and school starts on Monday the 20th. I am definately not ready for that. It seemed like the summer was just dragging on but now it seems to be coming to an end way too fast and while I want everyone to be here, I don't even want to start to think about going to class! Ugh... Anyway..Sorry, Sister, that this is rather short and uneventful but hopefully this will tithe (is that even a word?) you over until I can think of something fun and clever to post for you. At least now I have internet so it will be much more convenient for me!! I'll be heading back to the 'Doza on Saturday to make my appearance for the infamous Sweet Corn Festival. I think everyone is coming home and I am most looking forward to seeing Melissa whom I havent seen since December!! So sad... Until next time, stay classy, San Diego..

8 comments:

JGanschow said...

Jilly, you are soo silly! I had a lot of fun Saturday! I hope to come visit again soon. Glad you got the computadora working! You are so smart...s m r t. I'll see you on Saturday! Hope you survive the rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

Yes, tithe is a word...it means to give 10% of your income to ie. the church. I think you just meant to "tie" me over. Anyway, thanks for the update! :)

*Jillian* said...

haha thats funny... and youre very welcome! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we got to see your apartment and hear you at Shake's Fest. Someday I will come without your dad and we can go somewhere other than Avanti's. I think it brings back memories for him, since that is where we used to get food on Sunday nights when the dorms didn't serve. We got an orange pop and a half gondola. Come to think of it, it does bring back memories. Keep making your sister laugh. She got another rejection today in her job search. I know that special job is just waiting for her to unearth it. See you on Saturday.

JGanschow said...

i think the word is "tide," not tithe or tie.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Justin is right. The word is tie. AND your sister is now a full time teacher in the little village of Dalzell! Woo Hoo!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry, Justin, it is tide, not tie.

Anonymous said...

Yeah thanks, mom. Don't give ME the credit...I was right...not him.