Monday, January 14, 2008

Semester #6?


Yikes. Today I started my second semester of my junior year. This is very weird to me. It doesn't seem like I can possibly be almost done with my 3rd year here! I actually just received an email from the university registrar stating that they have not yet received my request for graduation... WHAT? After this semester I should have 125 hours. You need 120 to graduate. That is insane. I still have 8 classes to take for my major and 1 for my minor so I can't actually graduate, but it's crazy to think I have enough credits to do so!


I'll do a quick run down of my classes. First I had Music Theory II which hopefully won't be too bad, but I took the first semester last year so I'll need some serious memory refreshing. Gender in the Humanities should be pretty interesting and my teacher is super young and cool but there's a ton of reading and writing in that class (I should have known since it's an English class)... Mads will be another usual spring semester of awesome chamber music. Apparel Design is going to be so much fun! It's basically a drawing class with a lot of projects, 1 quiz, and no tests! That's my kind of class. Tomorrow I have my voice lesson, a visual arts class, and Practical Problem Solving in Family and Consumer Sciences...not looking for it to be a very exciting day...


In other news, I need to start working on all of my stuff for my recital and the fashion show. I have a lot of work to do before then! I'm still a little apprehensive about starting another semester but here goes...And no school on Monday for Martin Luther King Day! (which I misread on our syllabus as "MILK" day!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my Jillian! Always busy. I can't believe you are almost finished with school as well, but my pocketbook will feel less pain in another year and a half. I have faith that you will do a great job this semester. Looks like you and the girls had a good time catching up. I miss having you (and the girls) here.
MOM