Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Intern With Oprah?


I am a huge Oprah fan. In fact, Melissa, Jen, and I are calling on Friday in attempt to get tickets to her show. Anyway...in recent searches for a summer internship, I decided to email Oprah to see if she offered any internships for her show, then her people from O, The Oprah Magazine to see if they do. I know it's a long shot, but who wouldn't kill to work for Oprah? She basically rules the world! Tonight I received an email from one of Oprah's people!!!! She said she hasn't started interviewing yet but will probably begin in March and to please send her my resume! How amazing would that be?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have interned in many great internships such as ELLE, ELLEgirl, and currently RedBook magazine. I know it's hard to search but magazines don't like direct email to their websites, they figure if you really want the internship you go out there and you figure how to get a direct contact email. understanding the struggle, here is best way to find internships, go to this website
www.ed2010.com, it is THE place for internships.

fellow intern,
maria

Anonymous said...

i have interned in many great internships such as ELLE, ELLEgirl, and currently RedBook magazine. I know it's hard to search but magazines don't like direct email to their websites, they figure if you really want the internship you go out there and you figure how to get a direct contact email. trust me i have deleted emails from interested interns to direct sites rather then making more effort. understanding the struggle, here is best way to find internships, go to this website
www.ed2010.com, it is THE place for internships.

fellow intern,
maria

*Jillian* said...

thanks so much for your help!

Anonymous said...

heya,
I was just reading ur blog there and found it interesting enough to comment. Tis true who would not love to work for Oprah! But anyways, I wanted to know if you were successful in your pursues for that O internship :)?

xo
Rini

Unknown said...

Hey,
I was also really interested to see if you got the Oprah internship.

You should write a review about it on www.rateinternships.com

Let me know.

Thank!
Alfred

Anonymous said...

Do you still work with ISU Madrigal singers? I am from Vocal Chaos and we are trying to get ahold of them regarding our a cappella fest in Chicago. Could you email me a contact if you have one? DNadolski@aol.com. Thank you!!!
:)
Dave