Monday, June 14, 2010

Workin' It


Oops. I failed again on keeping this thing updated.... People may think that working at Disney World is the easiest job in the world. And while it may be true that being an entertainment performer doesn't exactly require a great expenditure of mental activity every second of the day, we all work extremely hard. This is no 9:00-5:00 job. My days have started at 4:30am and gone as late as 2:30am. I typically work 6 days a week. Battling the intense heat and humidity alone is enough to take down the weak, not to mention the layers of hot, heavy clothing we swaddle ourselves in and balance on our heads. The sun boils our brains and forces us to rely on muscle memory to get through each show and parade. This is definitely no ordinary job. People think we are crazy and I might have to agree with them... But down here, we are all crazy together and it keeps life interesting. I love my job and wish everyone could experience just a taste of it because that is the only way anyone can truly understand what we do and why we do it. The fact of the matter is once we step out from behind the gate and click into performance mode, nothing can take away from the lit up faces of awe and admiration from the guests. I am and forever will be an entertainer, whether or not I am at Disney. No one can ever take that away from me.

No comments: