Friday, June 18, 2010

Can I Get a Health Inspector?


I have to get up in three and a half hours for work but there is one issue that has been pressing me for years and I have to get it off my chest so allow me to vent for a minute. Our entire lives we are constantly being told to wash our hands before we eat, after we play outside, etc. And ESPECIALLY after using the rest room. As if your mother telling you every day wasn't enough, there are signs posted everywhere. Besides, if you really knew exactly what was crawling all over your hands, you wouldn't want to put them anywhere near your face or anything else. By now it should pretty much be common sense to wash your hands often. So here is my question. Why do I seem to be the only one with a bottle of soap next to my sink while everyone else (and I am using the term "everyone" loosely, for I know that my family and many of my friends use soap as well) does not? When I see that someone has had the same bottle of soap sitting next to his or her sink for several months with the level never changing, should I assume that I am having to replace mine more often because more is being used by said person? Or am I really the only one washing up on a regular basis? If that is the case, I am absolutely appalled. On the other hand, why should I have to continually provide soap for these other people? Whichever it is, I wish they would clean up their act!

No comments: