Wednesday, July 18, 2007

12th Time's a Charm


Ta-Da!! After sending in my 12th application which started out as a joke with Molly, I finally have a job! First Site was the only place to call me back (and a day after I sent in my application, mind you.) I had an interview the next day, a second interview yesterday, and I signed a contract today! I start Friday at 8am to meet the other new employees and be taken around to all the apartments and sites. What is this job, you ask? Here are some fun facts:
  • $9.00 per hour
  • $10.00 per lease completed
  • Eligible for individual/team bonuses
  • Leasing, assisting customers, assist in preparing marketing materials for prospective residents, preparing market surveys, attending weekly department meetings, and other tasks/projects given by the supervisor
  • The rest of the summer I will be working MWF 12:30-6pm, TR 8am-6pm, Sat. 10am-4pm (that equals 41.5 hours)
  • When school starts I will work TRF 2-6pm, Sat. 10am-4pm (that equals 18 hours)
  • Company Vehicle while working
I now have 45 days to obtain my leasing license which will be fully paid for by the company and they will take care of all the details. They say the tests aren't difficult...

Soooo lots of hours, good pay, and I think it will be a fun job. Also, I told the guy that I will be living in the Oaks in the fall and he said my apartment is just about ready and I may be able to move in early!! YAY!!! I can't wait to get out of this house and into the air conditioning AND not have to worry about stepping in dog poop every time I go to the bathroom!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't wait for you to get out of that hole you are living in, too. Since your tuition bill came today, it's good to know that you will be able to pay for your food, books, gas, and incidentals. Good for you!

JGanschow said...

awesome. good job, jilly bob.