Sunday, November 11, 2007

Call Me Grace


You know that kid in the movies that is always falling down and making a fool of him/herself and you think to yourself as you're watching how hilarious yet sadly unrealistic it is? Don't be fooled. Those scenes are based on some reality and I personally have the gracefulness, or lack there of, to prove it. My roommates are constantly making fun of me for falling up the stairs, tripping over things, and wiping out in the living room. And I'm sure you all remember the story of me crashing my bike this summer in the middle of the quad in front of about a hundred preview students. Well, now I can add yet another story. Enjoy...


On Thursdays I have meetings at work at 8am and I just walk to class after the meeting. So this past Thursday, I was walking back to my car after class, just looking around at all the construction, people eating outside, etc. All of a sudden I apparently tripped over something and was soon flailing like a chicken with its leg caught in a barbed wire fence and *SPLAT!* I face planted into the concrete. I didn't even know what happened but I immediately rolled over to see if anyone had witnessed my embarassing incident, jumped up as fast as I could, and quickly walked back to my car, laughing hysterically to myself. I then proceeded to call Molly and surprise her with a little birthday story. If only she could have been there...

1 comment: